Tuesday 29 April 2014

Strawberry Meringue Pie {recipe}


Who doesn't love desserts?
And to make it better who doesn't love healthy desserts?
My sister came across this recipe on a weight watchers page {here}.
She decided that she was going to make it for Easter Sunday family dinner.
It was amazing and if you're on weight watchers it only 4 pro points per serving.
Fantastic right!?

Photo from weight watchers

I made this the other night and I was so excited to eat it that I totally forgot to take pictures. Don't judge. You'll love it when you try it.
It's amazballs!!

Here's the recipe and instructions.

12 weight watchers oat digestive biscuits
25g low fat spread
2 egg whites
60g caster sugar
225g strawberries, hulled and sliced

Preheat the over to gas mark 4/180*C/fan 160*C.
Crush the biscuits to make fine crumbs.
Melt the butter and combine it with the crumbled biscuits.
Press the crumb mixture into the base of a 15cm cake tin and bake for 15 minutes.
Place the egg whites in a clean bowl and whisk until white and fluffy.
Add the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time until stiff and glossy.
Arrange the biscuits on the base and swirl the meringue over the top.
Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the top is golden.
Leave to cool for 5 minutes in the tin and serve warm or cold.

It's delicious. You would never think it's a healthy option and it reminds me a little of cheesecake.

I hope you guy enjoy this.
I'm going to be posting some more healthy option recipes and weight watchers recipe on here. I'm really trying to make an effort to choose the healthier option for me and my family and cut out the sugar and processed crap that we've been eating.

Do you have any healthy recipes? Let me know what your favourite one are in the comments or chat to me on Facebook or Instagram.




Link up your recipe of the weekCasa Costello

8 comments:

  1. This looks and sounds amazing. I'm hungry just reading this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ciara. It really is so yummy. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Oh good heavens, that looks good. Unbelievable that it is 'healthy' too! I'll be watching out for your healthy recipes - summer is looming. Feel free to add this to #Bakeoftheweek linkup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen. I just added the recipe to your link up. Thanks for stopping by and letting me know about the link up.

      Delete
    2. NO thank you for joining in - That is why I love Bake of the Week, I get to 'meet' fellow bakers and drool over their creations!

      Delete
  3. Looks absolutely gorgeous. I can't believe it's only four points a serving #RecipeoftheWeek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh that looks delicious. I made my first pavlova last month! <3 strawberries and cream on anything! #RecipeoftheWeek

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing, I will definitely be trying it.Can't believe it's only 4 points. It is dairy free too if df spread and biscuits used. Win win for everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...