Monday 31 August 2015

Felt Pinwheel Hairband {tutorial}


If you have girls in your house and they're anything like my girl, then they love their hair accessories. Hair bands are very popular in our house as my daughter only has one hand and she can do her own hair with these. She loves trying different one and I just happen to love making them for her.


This one is so easy to make and you don't even need to be good at sewing to do it.

You will need: 
Felt
Needle
Thread
Glue gun
Beads
Hairband

Start with two squares of felt. One smaller than the other. The colours are up to you. 
Lay them down on top of each other and push the needle through the center of the square from the back.
Take the needle and bring the thread over the middle of one side of the square and push the needle back through the center pulling tight. Repeat this on all 4 sides.
When you have all the sides pulled in, take you beads of choice and sew them onto the top of the pinwheel. Tie off the thread at the back of the felt.
To attach to the hairband, cut a circle of felt (about the size of a €2 coin).
Place your pinwheel on the hairband where you want it and hot glue it to. 
Add the circle to the underside of where you glued the pinwheel and glue it down.

You're done!! 


She has been wearing this everyday since I made it. 
I hope you enjoy making these as much as I do. Show me your creations over on my Facebook page. I'd love to see what you make for your little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...