Tuesday 26 February 2013

Tried and Tasted : Beef stew with seasonal vegetables


Welcome to my new Link-up everyone.
I hope to find many new recipes here and even find some new blogs to follow here.


I cooked Beef stew with seasonal vegetables from the Operation Transformation website. I have cooked a few of these recipes and they have turned out great. 

My camera broke the weekend and I wasn't able to take any pictures of my finished result.
But it was yummy!

Photo from Operation Transformation website.

Ingredients:
500g diced beef
600g turnip peeled and diced
400g sweet potatoes peeled and diced
300g baby onions (or shallots), peeled and halved
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
3 bay leaves (optional)
1 tsp black pepper corns
1 tsp dried thyme
15g butter
1 tsp salt


Method:
Pre-heat oven to 160ºC
In a large oven proof saucepan or casserole dish melt the butter.
Add the beef pieces and fry until brown.
Add the onions. Cover, reduce heat and cook for about 5 mins.
Add the turnip, sweet potatoes and chopped tomatoes and mix together.
Add bay leaves if using, thyme, peppercorns and salt.
Cover and place in the oven for about 2 hours.
And serve

Note: I added some carrots and blitzed the tomatoes to make them more smooth. I also added a beef stock cube.

Now for the rules:
Link back to my website in your post or add the button.
It's not too much to ask, is it?

Happy Tuesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...