Thursday 14 February 2013

Valentines with the kiddos



Valentines day can be difficult when you have kids.
Babysitters, booking a restaurant, trying to fit it all in to a couple of hours.
It can make it a teeny bit stressful.

But I am certainly going to try make our Stay at home Valentines special for all of us.


To start things off the kiddos got a "Bag of love".
I filled it with a Teddy, sweets and other bits and pieces I had picked up for them.

What do you get for the man who says he has everything?
I made a "Tub of love".
I filled it up with all his favourite sweets and chocolates. Simple but he was happy.

I try and make the food extra dpecial on this day.

Valentines Day Menu

Breakfast
Pancakes 
 Fresh fruit
Topping of your choice
Whipped cream

Dinner
Steak with mash and mixed vegetables 
Fried onions
Garlic bread

Dessert
Chocolate fondue with strawberries, marshmallows and mini cupcakes
Meringue Mess

I'm looking forward to having a quite night at home with the ones I love. Don't get me wrong. I luurve a good date night but I'm kinda looking forward to not having to find a restaurant, babysitter and hold in my stomach all night. I might just throw on a little black number and do my hair. He's worth the effort.

When the kiddos are in bed we will settle down to watch a movie.
Coin toss gets to pick the DVD.

How will you be celebrating Valentines day?

Love to all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...