Thursday 18 July 2013

1 Year Blogiversary : Why I blog?


Something big happened this week on My Country Girl Ramblings.
Something big to me.
I've been blogging for a whole 12 months.


I still can't believe that I started blogging.
It was a huge step for me.
I was putting everything out there for the world to see.
Kind of scary when you think of it like that.
I wasn't sure what I would write about.
I needed to find my blogging voice.

I never thought I would get so much out of blogging.
I thought it was a group of women who needed something to fill there day with.

I was wrong!!
It's so much more that something to do.
You make friends.
I've made connections with people who, without blogging, I would have never knew existed.
You share you thoughts, problems and advice with people that truly care about what you have to say.

Blogging is not for everyone though.
I get that.
People may think I'm weird for starting a blog.
Some people might think I do it to get attention.
They might think I do it to get free stuff.


Why do I blog??
I blog for ME!
No body else.
I blog because I have something to say.
I blog to complain about my kids. Ha!
I blog to share my creativity and DIY fails.
I blog to make connections with people.

I don't do it for the attention or free stuff.
( free stuff is nice but there isn't a whole lot of it)

Maybe that makes me weird or strange but I don't care.
I have learned so much about myself because I blog.
I've learned things that are making me a better person.
A better Wife.
A better Mom.
I've learned that I love to write even though I hated English in school.
( Poor Miss McGarry)
I have even written a piece for a website and had it published.
I think my English teacher would be proud of that.
To read that piece Click here.

Over all I have loved the past year of blogging and I don't think I'm going to be stopping anytime soon.
If you want to stay up to date with all the happenings here on My Country Girl Ramblings, click the links below and follow along in the fun.

Thank you to each and every one of you, who have read my blog, posted a comment or emailed me about my blog.
You are amazing and I am forever grateful.

Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

  1. Happy blogiversary! I'm relatively new to the Blogosphere. Only a few months in. I look forward to writing about my first year. I'm just starting to understand that there is so much more to this than just writing though :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...