Friday 28 June 2013

Health and Fitness Friday : July goals and another 5k done!


It Friday!!
Which means one thing.

Fitness
It's nearly the end of June. WHAT!! Where did that month go. I thought I had more time to try complete my goals for this month. I didn't run 30 miles. Not even close. I did get about half ways though. I managed to work out most days and my sugar intake was way down than it has been in the past. I not only signed up for another race but I completed it. And it kind of acted like a practice 10k too.
 I'm keeping the same goals for next month and I should get closer to the 30 mile mark now that school is out. My plan is to run in the mornings while everyone is in bed. Lets hope I have to will power to pull myself out of the bed. I love my bed!!!

July Goals
1. Run at least 30 miles
2. Workout 5 days a week.
3. Keep my sugar intake down
4. Sign up for another race.
5. Run a practice 10k

The 5k that I ran last Sunday went great. It turned out to be a 6k race. My sister and brother did it with me. They both rocked it.  It was their first race ever. My brother ran it like it was a piece of cake. He did the 6k in about 42 minutes. My sister and I did it a little slower. She did amazing. She ran the most of it but we walked when we had to. We did it in 47.52. I was happy with myself too. It felt easy. It felt natural. I was going at a slower pace but it was one of my favourite races yet.

I'm so proud of them for finishing. My brother has even sighed up to run the 10k with me in July.

Crappy picture but this is me and my sister crossing the finish line.

<couch to 5k> <running>

Health

My meals have been pretty good again this week. I'm trying to cut down on anything with gluten and it's harder that I thought. It's in everything. I'm going to do a bit more research this coming week and see if I can come up with some nice recipes.

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. First time visit to your blog, love the name!!! Your goals for July look awesome! Good luck on them! Congratulations on your race and finish last weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my little blog. Lets hope I can meet my goals this month.

      Delete
  2. For all guys who are over weighted 194+ pounds should read this regularly. It is not only health or fitness tips but also inspire a lot.!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...