Monday 24 September 2012

Show and Tell Monday : Stuck on an Island


Linking up today with Becky over at From Mrs to Mama.


1. Tell us, if you could only take 5 people with you to a deserted island, who would it be, and why?


The Hubs :  I would have to take him. He is an outdoors man and could probably build a fire from nothing. He hunts too so he could hunt for food. I could survive without him but I wouldn't what to be there without him.

My daughter, Jasmin : I would be heartbroken if I didn't have her with me making my hair go grey everyday. She has loads of energy and loves being outside.
My son, Paddy :  He's just so cute right now and he's starting to move around alot more. Plus he's never been to the beach so it would be a memory.

I couldn't decide who else to bring without upsetting someone. But maybe Bear Grylls could be useful or Jamie Oliver so I wouldn't have to do the cooking. :)

2. Show us which island you'd like to be deserted at.



3. Tell us, if you could only bring 3 items with you, what would those items be. And why?



Firstly, I would have to bring my camera and batteries for it. I take too many photos of everything. I would be so upset if I could take pictures of this place. We might be stuck there and it might be scary but we would be making memories and they are always worth capturing.

Second thing I would bring would be my frying pan. What am I meant to cook on? I'm a foodie. Love my food and love to cook it well. I could cook just about anything in my frying pan.
Third thing would be some laying chickens. Now this might sound a bit mad. But I don't know how long we'll be there. With these chickens, I would have eggs and meat to feed my family. I'm very practical.


4. Show us 3 pictures that you would take with you.


This is a tough one as I have lots of photos that that I would want to bring.  but these ones make my heart swell.








5. Tell us what you envision life would be like on that island. Do you think you would go into survival mode? Would you be like those Survivor people and eat bugs? What qualities do you possess that would help you survive. Do share.

I would have to go into survival mode. Being a mother, I don't think I could panic or break down. I would have to be strong for my kids, so that they would see that we could do this. How ever bad things got, I don't know if I could bring myself to eat bugs. I just couldn't. I'm quite an outdoors person. I hunt, I can start a fire and I could probably be able build some kind of fort if I had to. But with the hubs by my side, I think we could survive.

Happy Monday everyone!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...